These days, I’ve been seriously contemplating what my life is going to look like, post-Korea. I have 1.5 years left on my contract and there’s a 99% chance I’ll be leaving at the end of it. I rarely say never, but unless there’s some very compelling reason for me to stay, I’ll go. Going to my homeland of Canada isn’t really an option either since the death-like cold and very short winter days just don’t make me feel that happy.
So what to do? Here are some thoughts:
1. English teaching, somewhere, preferably warm and near the ocean so I can paddle around and swim with the fishies.
2. English teacher training. This will require me to finish the Delta, and become a Celta trainer, but that would only take a couple months.
3. Scuba diving work of some sort. Guiding or instructing most likely.
4. Digital nomad stuff. Making a living off of my online ventures and treating it like a job instead of just a fun hobby.
5. Social media marketing and other things related to that. I think I have enough skill in this area that someone would possibly give me a job doing it.
6. Using my savings to invest in something- a business venture of some sort.
7. A volunteer venture of some sort. Kiva and Sea Shepherd are the two that I’ve been thinking of.
Things I do know for sure:
1. Although I do love visiting fabulous tropical islands, I most certainly don’t want to live on one for a long period. I like the idea of having some sort of dating/social life.
2. I actually really enjoy teaching and so I’m not desperate to do another job. But, I certainly don’t want to teach kids.
3. I have a significant amount of money saved, so at this point money isn’t actually the main factor in making this decision. Having a happy kind of life is.
4. I have lots of options, which is a kind of overwhelming, but it’s also a good problem to have.
Readers…what are your thoughts?